Boyd Roy Booth

[email protected] Recents Leave a Comment

Born: 25 Jul 1932

Died: 24 May 2020

At the age of: 87

Spouse: Dolores Bronson Booth

Children: Teresa, Rick, Joan, Susan, Angela

Parents: Marlin Henderson Booth, LaVaughn Jones Booth

Boyd Roy Booth

MALTA – Boyd Roy Booth peacefully completed his mortal sojourn on Sunday, May 24, 2020, at his home in South Ogden, Utah; he was 87 years old.

Boyd was born on July 25, 1932, in Bridge, Idaho, to Marlin and LaVaughn (Jones) Booth. He was a man of the soil. It was on the family farm that he learned the values that became the core of who he was. He rode horses, raised chickens and turkeys, tended sheep, milked cows, herded cattle, and carried out many other quotidian tasks the life of a farmer required. It was the performing of these chores that transformed him into a man of principle. He continued to farm for most of his life.

Boyd was active in high school sports where he played football and basketball and boxed. He participated in student government where he served as junior class president and senior class vice president. After graduation he continued his education at Utah State University where he studied agriculture. While at Utah State he joined the ROTC and was selected as the platoon drill sergeant.

Boyd married the love of his life, the former Dolores Bronson, on June 15, 1951. They lived and raised their family in the agrarian communities of Bridge and Malta, Idaho. Family was a central purpose of their lives. He was a devoted husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. Boyd enjoyed spending time with his large and ever-growing posterity. He led the family on camping trips, horseback riding excursions, summer vacations, four-wheeling expeditions, and family reunions. He also passed on his love of the farm and the required discipline to maintain one to his family. Later in life he and his wife maintained a winter home in St. George, Utah, where he fostered new and lasting friendships. He loved his family and they love and miss him.

Boyd was a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He had a firm testimony of the atonement and the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Boyd demonstrated his faith through years of service. He and his wife completed three missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints serving in the Las Vegas, Nevada West Mission; at the Family History Center in St. George, Utah; and at the Bishop’s Store House in Nephi, Utah. He also served for six years as an ordinance worker in the Logan Utah Temple.

Boyd was employed by the Raft River Electric company for 35 years, advancing from groundman to operations manager. He also continued to work his farmland on nights and weekends. Boyd was severely injured in a work accident in 1968. Due to complications from his injuries he lost his right leg. In a reflection of his determination and grit, he learned to walk with a prosthetic leg. Though he lost a limb, he never lost a step. His example of fortitude and quiet strength will long be remembered by those who knew him.

Boyd was preceded in death by his parents, Marlin and LaVaughn Booth; brother, Collin Booth; sisters, Joyce Hutchison and Connie Darrington; daughter, Angela Camacho; son-in-law, Keoni Camacho; grandson, Richard Menlove; and great-granddaughters, Lucy Menlove and Olivia Barnhart.

He is survived by his wife, Dolores Booth; children, Terry (Neal) Menlove, Rick (Kerry) Booth, Joan (Randy) Orawiec, and Sue (Wade) Smith; 20 grandchildren; and 35 great-grandchildren.

A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, May 28, at Valley Vu Cemetery in Malta, with Bishop Dallan Spencer officiating.

Arrangements have been entrusted to the care of Rasmussen-Wilson Funeral Home of Burley.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *